Alice Marcelino is a London based photographer.
Born in Luanda, Angola, Alice moved to Portugal at a very early age, where she grew up and lived most of her life. She experienced and explored various art forms, from dance to theatre, until discovering and adopting photography as her main form of expression. Her images reflects her special interest in individual stories exploring concepts of identity and sub-cultures, and their meaning in our globalised world.
- BA (Hons) Photography, University of East London, London (2016)
Exhibitions and Publications
- 2018 - 'Love to remember' exhibition, Terra Drip bar, Macau
- 2017 - Art residency @ Hangar - Artistic research centre, Lisbon. Collaboration with Jeanne Mercier. Sponsored by Foundation Calouste Gulbenkian
- 2016 - Beyond, on HashtagPhotography Magazine, London
- 2016 - Photofusion Salon/16, Group Exhibition, Brixton
- 2016 - Research assistant for the paper: The Migration Crisis: Everyday photography production and photo-sharing, supervised by Dr. Antigoni Memou.
- 2016 - We do Black hair, Open Source Festival, Dalston UK. In collaboration with Christine Eyene
- 2016 - Ghouls, Gateways and Gatekeepers exhibition, The Pad, London
- 2015 - Retro style and popping colours, True Africa Magazine
- 2015 - Belong, Believe, Achieve, University of East London (UEL), London
- 2015 - Kindumba, on Fotografia Jovem Portuguesa, Portugal.
- 2015 - Kindumba, on Black Square
- 2015 - Kindumba published on Dynamic Africa magazine, Nigeria
- 2015 -When black hair speaks, 'Kindumba' published on True Africa magazine
- 2015 - Kindumba at Free Range, Truman Brewery, London
- 2015 - Final degree show, University East London, London
- 2015 - Kindumba, on Caju magazine, Angola
- 2015 - Novas vidas published on 'Gerador' magazine, Portugal
- 2014 -Work published on No barking aRt magazine dedicated to women artists, London
- 2014 -Timelab exhibition, Dalston Department Store, London
- 2014 - Photofusion Salon 13/14, collective exhibition, Brixton